Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Date formats while exporting from P6

4 replies [Last post]
Jomon Jose
User offline. Last seen 12 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

How can i control the date formats while exporting start dates from P6 to excel. When I am exporting in excel the format is appearing as m/d/yyyy but when my collegue exporting the format appearing is dd/mm/yyyy

How I can ensure everybody will have the same format while exporting the dates to excel from P6?

Jomon

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Jomon,

The problem with date formats in your spreadsheet has nothing to do with P6.  P6 exports a Julian date number.  Excel interprets that number and if the cell is formatted for dates, then will display the date in the default format.  Go to Format Cells, Number Tab, Category = Dates , and select the desired date type.  Good luck!

Jomon Jose

Thanks for your comment. The user preference setting is same (Day,Month,Year) for both of us. But still the excel sheet is opening in different format. Also i request him to log on to P6 from my laptop then he also getting the format similar to me. Now i dont know any setting in my PC is the one controlling it.

Jomon Jose

Thanks for your comment. The user preference setting is same (Day,Month,Year) for both of us. But still the excel sheet is opening in different format. Also i request him to log on to P6 from my laptop then he also getting the format similar to me. Now i dont know any setting in my PC is the one controlling it.

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Jose,

you have to keep the same format in the edit preferances then you will get the same format i think

cheers