Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Splitting a P3e Schedule

7 replies [Last post]
Jaime Linchangco
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

Does anyone have the idea on how to split a single schedule into two separate schedule while maintaining the relationships?

I have this Feasibility Stage schedule and EPCM schedule together in one schedule. In P3 ver. 3.1, i could easily do it by Subproject. But for P3e, i have no idea yet.

Please share me your idea.

Thanks.

Jaime

Replies

Jaime Linchangco
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Emma and Jim,

Good day! Your suggestion works!

What i did was, copy File A to File B. At File B, i deleted all activities. Then open both files. From WBS of File A, i Cut and Paste the the EPCM portion to File B and retain FS portion from File A.

All EPCM activities were moved to File B while maintaining their inter relationships with File A.

Jim suggestions must be followed as well. A "Must Finish By" Date should be assigned from File A (or FS) so that backward pass will properly work.

Thanks to you Guy and Gal. Excellent!

Cheers Mates!

Jaime
Ronald Weaver
User offline. Last seen 3 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Emma Seaton is correct. The dragging and dropping can also be done in the WBS view. This will move the WBS level plus all sub-level and their activties into the new (or established) project.
Emma Seaton
User offline. Last seen 11 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Create a new programme file/stub (for want of better words!). Open both together and drag ’n’ drop the activities from the first programme into the second. Relationships will be maintained. If both need scheduling just open both together.
Jim Fairchild
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
While you are in the Dates tab in the Project view also set the Must Finish By Date for the shorter project equal to the overall project completion date. This will allow Primavera to calculate the backward pass in inter-project links correctly.
It is a bit of a workaround but it works.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi,

Yes it’s true but you can set the data date in the Project View before scheduling to have the same data date.

Cheers,
Rodel
Sudharsan V
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

The problem in P3e is, it will perform scheduling for first project as separate schedule and second one as separate schedule, eventhough u link the first one with second one.

It is accepted by Primavera and promised to perform as a single schedule in future
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Adre,

Yes you can do the same thing in P3e by creating two projects on one enterprise then open the enterprise and not just the project alone.

Regards,

Rodel