Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Formatting / Split Tasks

4 replies [Last post]
steven williams
User offline. Last seen 6 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
I am currently preparing a claim document programme tracing issue of Isometric drawings through all revisions against a target issue date using P3e. I have at the moment each issue as a seperate activity, which is giving me an average of 18 activities to represent the history of the issue of 1 isometric.
This is poor as a presentation document, ideally i would like to use a SPLIT TASK function to show all issues on 1 line.
Does anybody know if this can be done (a la MS Project), but with the ability to format the splits bars sperate sections with colour and text???

I know this can be done with Artemis, but would ideally rather stay in P3e so as not to double handle info.

Secondly, if i was to summarise all info for each isometric, can this summary bar be formatted to achieve the same result ???

Replies

steven williams
Having followed up the MS PowerPoint suggestion from Roger, i have managed to find a ’Managers toolbox for PowerPoint’ which is an add-in for MS PowerPoint 2000 & 2003. This enables you to create Gantt charts in seconds, simply create a slide with a 3 column table then add description in C1, start date in C2 and end date in C3

Then select the gantt chart command from the management menu to create a new slide with a timeline chart.

Thanks for the pointer Roger
steven williams
Thanks Roger, i’ve had a similar discussion with our IT guy, as all the raw data for progress measurement comes into P3 via an access database.

Does anybody know if you can export Access data directly into a powerpoint slide ????

Steve
Roger Gibson
User offline. Last seen 7 years 1 week ago. Offline
Steven,

Use a graphics package, such as PowerPoint to present your claim, not Primavera or similar. You can then show simply the history for each isometric in one bar space. Supporting this, you can have a series of tables shown the dates of submissions/approvals for each isometric with the delay against the approved design schedule, calculated by your programme analyses, alongside.

Claim presentation is all about simple presentation. The person you are trying to persuade is the Engineer/Contract Administrator who probably is not a planner.

Roger Gibson
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I think the nearest you would get would be to define a series of user defined fields, with a seperate bar style for each. Very messy.