Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Russian Alphabet in P3

4 replies [Last post]
John McDonald
User offline. Last seen 14 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all 1st time posting so be nice lol

Read a thread on this but the soloution was not listed so anyone help, I want to at least put the Russian Activity Descrition in one of the Log Fields ??

The 24/7 P3 helpdesk seems only to work Monday to Friday and 8 till 6 and working in Sakhalin I am sleeping or drinking at those times lol

anyway thanks in advance

Replies

John McDonald
User offline. Last seen 14 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks TJ, having problems finding the XSESCYR.TTF file mind you, any tips of best place to find.

Funnily enough my problem was for Sakhalin job as well, I am down in Korea at the moment so that may give you clue as to what particulat Sakhalin Project.

Are you enjoying Yuzhno, I has good time but did not want to take the family hence Korea for now.

Will try your advive when I find the file....needle and haystack lol
T J
User offline. Last seen 18 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
P.S.
Haven’t yet tried this with P5. Given my general impressions about that product - don’t count on it. Primavera screwed just about everything up with it - probably also tossed the ability to do this neat little trick.

T
T J
User offline. Last seen 18 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Had to do this for a major project we are just completing in Sakhalin (couple $BB US). Had both ExPat English speakers and Russians who needed to be able to read the schedule at the same time.
Added a Custom Data Item - named it RDesc (or whatever).
Find on the web and load XSESCYR.TTF to your Windows computer. Look around with google - you can probably find the file.
In p3 - Go to Format-Fonts. Add the XSESCYR.TTF font to one of your selections.
Add a column to your Gannt view with the custom data item.
Right click on the column header. In the dialog box that pops up - alter the Data Font field by right clicking on it. Choose the XSESCYR font.

Have your Russian interpreter sit down and re-key in all the descriptions over into the new column.
There you have it. After doing this - my Russian friend could no longer claim that he "couldn’t read the schedule"

Good Luck
T
Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
John

You can change the font - but I think it applies to ALL activity descriptions and fields not individual lines.

Got to View, Table Font & Row, then click the Font button and select whatever font you want. This applies the same font to all rows but NOT to the headers (the grey headings, Act ID, Act Name, etc)

Don’t know how to change one row. Maybe someone else does...

Have you tried an email to the help desk - uktech@primavera.com for the UK help desk. They are pretty good - need the usual info, serial number etc. This may help you out over the time difference.

Good Luck

Nige