Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Error importing P3 to P3e.

4 replies [Last post]
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all;

I don’t have P3 installed on my PC. I’m trying to import a P3 file but P3e shows this massage:

"Unknown error reported by P3 engine"

Do anyone knows why is it happening??

Regards.

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
Hello all;
Read this reply.
Regards.

Hi

Check that the btrieve home directory is set OK.

It is possible that the default installation has set the btrieve home value to a directory where you do not have rights to create a file. The import then fails because the trace file cannot be opened.

There should be a utility on your PC called w32mkset which can be usedc to view and set the btrieve options.

Other than that I have seen this problem where the P3 files have a link to a graphic file that does not exist and where access rights are incorrectly set.

Good Luck
Marcio Sampaio
Thanks Christian ... i’ll provide a license of P3 with brazilian partner of Primavera.
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Marcio

you need to have a P3 installed as well. When converting, P3ec will be prompting you to type the username and password in P3 before you can access those files.

HTH

Christian
Marcio Sampaio
I have already tried P3toP3econvert.exe but didn’t work.

Same error.