Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Splitting a task on P6

2 replies [Last post]
Diane Jones
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I'm very new to P6 therefore apologies for any 'stupid' questions I might be asking over the course of time until I get up to speed.

I'm currently pulling together a programme (I work on rail projects) that consists of a lot of surveying works which range over a period of saturday nights or some days one week, then a few more days a couple of weeks later.  How do I show a task that is split over a period of time? 

Also, can I colour code the bars to show what activties are dayshift, nightshift etc?

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks.

D

Replies

Diane Jones
User offline. Last seen 8 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks...I'll have a look at this and try and sus it out and let you know how I get on :)

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi,

Use Bar Necking for Splitting of Bar, create a separate calendar for the specific activity.

For the Color Coding, use activity codes to specify colors for different bars.

Hope this will help.