Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PRMMAIL in P3 e/c ?

5 replies [Last post]
Hazel Mendez
User offline. Last seen 13 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
In P3 I send prd files to each project member every month for them to update the schedule. Project team returns the filled-up prd files to me and I merge their data to the current schedule.
Is this sort of feature available in P3 e/c? I tried to use the send email feature, but only xer file will be automatically attached. Unlike P3,you can choose what kind of files to attach in the email e.g. prd,prx, clp. The receiver also can open the file by installing PRMMAIL.exe in their computers.

Replies

Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Progress Reporter’s (aka Timesheets) primary functionality is as a web based timesheet application. It also has functionality for users to status project tasks and resource assignments. It is on your Primavera Installation CD, but requires appropriate licenses to run.

Regards,
Bill
Hazel Mendez
I am not yet familiar with the Progress Report function of P3 e/c. Our project will be updated this Nov. end, but til now we have not yet tried the myprimavera function. Can you explain to me how this Progress Reporter work? Where can i find it in P3 e/c? is it a separate software?
thanks.
Andrew Godfrey
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Bill is correct V5 includes an excel import / export function (it enables you to create templates with filters etc..). There is also a Progress Reporter module which enables users to provide status via the web directly into the central database (you would give them a username and password to ensure they only have access to the relevant section(s) of the schedule).
Hazel Mendez
Thank you Bill for your reply. We just received last week our version 5 P3 e/c, but the vendor has not installed it yet. I’ll check the xls import/export file soon as I have the version 5 in my PC.
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
XER is an option, but this requires the user to have p3e/c.
Another option is for your users to send you updates in Excel (XLS). Version 5 has export / import to Excel.

Regards,
Bill