Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Exporting from P3 e/c to P3

3 replies [Last post]
Mirza Imam Baig
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Planners,
Greetings

I prepared the Baseline Design Schedule in used P3 e/c. I am listing down few of the Activities of the Schedule below. My planning Unit is “Day”. and the Calendar is 5 day Calendar with Sat, Sun, Mon, Tue and Wed as Working days and Thursday and Friday as Non-working days.

In P3e/c

S. No. Activity Description Orig. Duration Early Start Early Finish

1 Mechanical Design 114 d 26-Dec-05 08-Jun-06
2 Electrical Design 106 d 05-Jan-06 08-Jun-06
3 Structural Design 81 d 13-Feb-06 08-Jun-06

Later the Client asked us to generate the same schedule in P3. So I exported the schedule from P3 e/c to P3. After exporting, I experienced lot of inconvenience due to the changes in dates and durations. I am listing down the same activities in P3 (after exporting)

In P3

S. No. Activity Description Orig. Duration Early Start Early Finish

1 Mechanical Design 143 26DEC05 12JUL062
2 Electrical Design 133 09JAN06 12JUL06
3 Structural Design 101 22FEB06 12JUL06

I could not understand why this happened. When I checked the calendar in P3, it shows the same working days and non-working days as that of P3e/c.

Can anyone help me on this….. Why this happened and how to overcome this kind of problem in future.

Thanks.

Replies

Mirza Imam Baig
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi friends,

Thanks for the response
Alan Callow
User offline. Last seen 19 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Under Admin > Admin Preferences > Time periods > check the default time this may affect duration unless shown in hours
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Imam,

I think you’ve a calender problem
Best way to find out: Check both durations in Hours.
It seems that 1 day is not always 8 hours work. (this can be the problem).

Regards

Henk