Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 e/c Problem

8 replies [Last post]
Christian Adrian ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello fellow Planners,

Can anyone of you help me to with this problem in P3e/c? everytime I logged in the program these message always appear:

"An application has been intercepted. Please note the event code for reference. Event Code: xxxx-xxxx-x"

What does these message means? If any of you have encountered the same kind of problem and had a solution to it please advise me. By the way I’m currently using version 4.0.

Kind regards,

Christian

Replies

Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Alex,

I think just because of security issues every time updating patches would be a nuisance certainly to planners. May be Primavera should have a tie-up with Microsoft incorporating both of their patches together and release it to end user.

HTH

Daya

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Philip and Bill

I have to disagree with your comments, as a planner we should keep up to day with our knowledge and same for techonlogy. How many patch is Window XP had ... if you are not keep up to day you are @ risk. How long does it take to update a patch 10min may be.

We are planner, manageing time is our expertise, if we cannot manage 10 min who can.

Sorry to jump on you guys but I think ignorance is not the right answer to problem.

Cheers

Alex
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 8 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
lOVE YOUR REPLY PHILIP, OUTSTANDING, COULD HAVE NOT SAID IT BETTER.

BILL
Christian Adrian ...
thanks guys..
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Christian,

It sounds like this may be related to a bug in a recent Microsoft Windows security patch (KB891781). Users with this Windows security patch would have the problem. If the error generated is "Event code NSIS-2739-6", this is your problem. Microsoft confirmed this is a defect. You have 2 course of action

1. Remove the Windows security patch update through add/remove programs. It will be referenced by the name KB891881.

2. Install a patch Primavera provided to work around this issue. This is available for 3.5.1, 4.0, and 4.1. You do not need to upgrade to 4.1. Search for dhtmled.ocx on the knowledge base and you should find this.

Regards,
Bill
Christian Adrian ...
Thanks Alex, but my program is already in a stand alone mode.. where can I get or download the latest patch? If I will upgrade my version 4.0 to 4.1 will this problem be solve? or do I still need the patch even if it has been upgrade?
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
There is a lot to be said for P3, and a couple of other programs. If I had to spend my life installing patches and the like to keep a program stable, I would hate it, as I need the time the help control the project. Why waste time and money on programs that are problematic.
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Hi

Have you installed the latest patch yet?

Some of my users have the same problem and once the patch installted its become stable.

Try to reinstall the client application or stand alone

Cheers

Alex