Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

hours in p3.1

7 replies [Last post]
elnur ganbarov
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear
how to determ working hours per day
for example for monday-friday it is 8 hours but for sutuday 6 hours

please help
i can not find it but i remeber that it there somewhere

Replies

Juan Nichterlein
User offline. Last seen 13 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Friends :

The answer is a bit more complicated. Not only OD will have to be turned into hours (8 is the standard for Engineering and also for procurement, 10 is the standard for construction). You will also have to take care on relation lags, remaining durtions, constraints (it is not the same to have a constraint finish at the beggining of the day that at the end of the day), calendars and if shifts apply, you will have ti incorporate them.

My advise, if you are working on a standard EPC or EPCM long/medium term proyect, keep in days. If you are working on shutdown proyects, or complex Tie-Ins built a separate project with a Finish no later than constraint for the project, and adjust it to the timeframe provided by the master schedule.

Hope this helps, Regards
Safak Vural
User offline. Last seen 4 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
In P3, the only way that you can make that using planning units as hours, JK give you the solution. I can only add that you can arrange the work hours in the day in Calendar from bar next to the calendar.

Unless reporting progress daily this difference will not bring you any special information and you will have a shorter critical path. If you have a long term, >500 ativity project the end dates will be much more earlier that they will occur.

Regards,

Safak
Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Make a copy of the project and change the planning unit to hours in the copy window. Then perform a global change to multiply all OD by 8!

By the way, why do you need a project in hours?

JK
Adekunle Arisilejoye
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Try copying the project and resaving it and change the planning unit to hours!

KF
kafo souq
User offline. Last seen 15 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
There is a quick fix to this

If you have SureTrak V2 or 3

Open you file in SureTrak go to options and change the display type of planning unit then pick Hours and so on for resources

Keep in mind that the default planning unit in SureTrak is hours even if it shows days (it does that using an 8 hour standrad working hours/day)

Once you change the planning unit in suretrak save your project and open it in Primavera

Job Done

Note Gee I love that little SureTrak more than P3 or P4, P5 or P6

elnur ganbarov
User offline. Last seen 3 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
it means if i have choosen project in days i can not change it now ?
Johny Kesserwany
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

You can’t define hours unless your planning unit for the project is in "hours", then you can find it in: Data / Calendar / Standard.

Regards
JK