Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Cannot get my Primavera P3 3.1 to run on Vista

4 replies [Last post]
Graham Richardson
User offline. Last seen 16 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there.
I have just recently changed computers and tried to Primavera P3 3.1 onto my new computer which has Windows Vista Business loaded onto it.

The program goes through the normal setup phase but when I try and open the application I get the following error message:

Software Security Error:
Clock Changed - Reboot to Activate Time Licence (-21)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and stil get the same error message.

I have not even been able to get to the product registration stage.

Can anybody assist? There seems to be some debate as to whether one can run 3.1 on Vista.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Replies

Andy Petkus
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Sorry David, my post was meant for Graham.
Andy Petkus
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi David,

I’m running P3.1 on my Vista Ultimate laptop no problem. It installed straight in and is running no problems.

Which version of Vista are you running? If Home Premium, try this:-

Go to your P3.exe file in windows Explorer and right click. Click on properties and compatability mode, check the box that says run as XP Pro SP2. Reboot and try to start P3 as normal.

This worked for me in Home Premium and also after I upgraded to Ultimate.

Good luck.
David Moses
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Hi There,

Welcome on board :)

It seems that it is time to throw version 3.1 to trashbin if you are running that version under Vista.
And get a higher version of Primavera (like 5.0 or 6.0) as soon as possible.
Because of the rapid technological changes and of course need for money making :)

Regards
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
I can’t give you a definitive answer to your query but Pv state that they have tested P3 3.1 on Vista with the following caveats;

- will only run on Vista 32 bit. Will not run on Vista 64 bit. I assume Btreivs can’t operate in a 64 bit environment
- Pv will not certify P3 3.1 for use on Vista and so, I assume, won’t support it