Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S curve generation

5 replies [Last post]
Goutam Bora
User offline. Last seen 16 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anyone please advise me on exporting data for S Curve Generation After loading weightage or Resources and unit cost, I use CL 03 Cost loading reports. I generally use usuage total in time scale and what I oberve during updating in later stage some of the distribution are higher side and end up showing behind schedule even though project on time. Can anyone advise me is the use of CL - 03 Cost loading reports is correct? and out of 3 usuage - total, peak & average - which one to use. I would appreciate for your feedback. Many thanks & cheers

Replies

ulysses garcia
User offline. Last seen 13 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Hi anoon,

I wish you dont feel cold nowadays.. Will it be harmfull to use total? I dont have any ideas, maybe you can help me .
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
don’t use total, use average and peak
ulysses garcia
I will try to answer your question eventhough your question is not well clear to me.
You are able to use any of the three option you may wish to suit your project requirement. You need to generate your S- to track your project, if my assumption is right then 1st you need a baseline to be able for you to compare with current status.
Goutam Bora
User offline. Last seen 16 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Ulysses,

Thanks.

The problem is how get the weekly or monthly distribution for S curve generation.

Usually I use CL-03 Tabular Cost Loading report. When you go to CL-03----> modify ----> time scale ---> there are 3 usages i.e. Avg, peak and total - my 1st question is which one to use to get monthly or weekly distribution? I usally use Total --- is that correct way to do.

Usually how to get (means procedure) monthly or weekly distribution for S curve generation?

Kindly provide your feedback.
ulysses garcia
will you please make your question straight forward. maybe i could be of help