Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule Training.....Plz Help

4 replies [Last post]
Suresh Devarajan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi planners,
I am currently working as a scheduler on a bridge project and I have been asked by my manager to put up a training session for other engineers on scheduling so they will get a hold of how schedule are developed, tracked, and when changes occur to the contract how time impact analysis are done, and an excercise. The total presentation is for an hour. I am trying to get your input on what can be topics and any online materials that you guys know of that can be used to make the presentation a good learning experience.
Thank you very much for your time and help

Replies

Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Suresh

Gee Gee has a outstanding answer. and myself stand corrected for being so brash in my reply. I must look at everyones point of views before responding with tunnelvision.

promise next time will try and assist,not find fault.

regards bill
Suresh Devarajan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Thank you for your suggestions and criticism. Please keep mailing your inputs so we can try to convince an audience who are skeptical about the greatness of our job and how important tool we are to management as there are some out there who think our work is mere paper pushing Job and that we are a overhead expense. For those who are all ears to us to learn let us give them a good start so that they would be impressed and awed at our work. Once again thank you very much for your input.

Suresh
Sunil Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Suresh,

Please dont forget to have a question / answers sessions or giving them a small network and having them calculate the floats there by making them understand Early and Late Dates, floats, forward and backward pass etc which will avoid the yawns...

Trust you will have wonderful presentation

Cheers

Sunil
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Suresh

If you are a qualified Scheduler or Planner, you should not require help to develop the presentation. It should come easy to you. If you cannot do so, then you are working in a position you are not qualified for.

cheers bill