Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Excel Import in P6 16.2 error message.... PLZ HELP

8 replies [Last post]
Tom Morgan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am trying to import a line, list IDs and Activity name is all i really need. In 16.2 it is giving me this error message....

The User Preferences used to create this Excel file are not the same as your current preferences. Importing this file could corrupt your data.  Please refer to Help for more information about importing data from Excel. Are you sure that you want to continue?

Running office 13 same steps i always used in 15.2, 7 and 8

When it finally gets through it only adds 1 activity. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Replies

bryan fardyanto
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All , problem for import  excel file  to primavera 16.2, maybe  anyone  can help solution  information  ,

primavera_problem_user_preference.jpg

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

you usually get this error when the format of the excel file being imported is different from the current user prefernce settings and the project settings are different for these fields 

Duration Type IE. fixed Duration and Units /time 

Quanity type IE. hours

Date format IE. dd-mmm-yy

Currency format IE. Dollars 

bryan fardyanto
User offline. Last seen 5 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All, please need your help  with my problem Primavera 16.2, is not working properly  the problem information  :The User Preferences used to create this Excel file are not the same as your current preferences. Importing this file could corrupt your data.  Please refer to Help for more information about importing data from Excel. Are you sure that you want to continue?

Tom Morgan

For reference if anyone else has this problem the Patch for 16.2.6 fixed the issue

Tom Morgan

i am getting this error

ERROR: Failed to find a matching object for Activity

ERROR: Failed to find a matching object for Activity
Tom Morgan

I exported out added my line list and activity numbering then it only adds the 1 activity on the way back in.... its getting frustrating! I tried my import template from 15.2 and it hasnt worked either. 

Ed Jones

You did not create the export file or the template you used.  Create a similiar tempalte yourself by running an export.  Then copy paste the data from the import you are trying to run to your new file.  Should work with no problem.

Ed Jones

You did not create the export file or the template you used.  Create a similiar tempalte yourself by running an export.  Then copy paste the data from the import you are trying to run to your new file.  Should work with no problem.