Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing Log Data

3 replies [Last post]
Sean Keegan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I want to reorganize all the log entries in a schedule. The plan was to export via dbf to xls, manipulate the data and then reimport to P3. All goes well until I find that an empty imported log field won’t replace a log field that already contains text. Trouble is Global Calcs don’t seem to handle log-data, or else I would clear all the fields that way and then import.
Any Ideas?
Sean

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
ODBC would certainly be my preferred option rather than batch.
Sean Keegan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Good suggestion, although I was hoping for something a bit more straightforward. Nonetheless, that may be the most practical way of doing it. I have experimented with importing various unprintable characters into the fields that I want emptied and that appears to work, at least when you look at the results. However, the characters are still in the fields (you can tell when you export again). If I can find the time, I will try using Batch, or maybe even ODBC.
Thanks,
Sean
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Have you considered using the batch utility?