Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Timescale - how to format to Ordinal Week 0?

7 replies [Last post]
P3 Scheduler
User offline. Last seen 20 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Hello there,

I am preparing a tender construction schedule for a project whereby the Client wanted to show the Timescale in Ordinal Weeks. The contract period will be 60 weeks.

However when I format the timescale to ordinal weeks, I noticed that the Start of the project cannot be set as Week 0.
In fact the sequence shown is Week -2, Week -1, Week 1, Week 2 ....... Week 60.

My question.... is there a way to show Week 0 as the start of the project?

Thanks and best regards,
CS Ong

Replies

A.Jaffer Sadiq
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

D1

D2

D3

D4

D5

D6

D7-W1

Like that days going but where you can bring 0 days 0 week?

P3 Scheduler
Thank you to all who have responded to my question. Now I have a clearer picture on Ordinal Date.

Best regards,
CS Ong
Ali Vessali
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
I agree with what Mohamed Gebriel mentioned. The Week 0 means nothing.
If your project duration is 60 weeks and you want to show the timescale by ordinal weeks starting by WEEK-0 and ending by WEEK-60 then you will see that your project duration well be 61 weeks. I know that neither you nor your Client wants to show this in the proposal schedule.

Bye then,
Ali Vessali
Mohamed Gebriel
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Gents,

I believe this problems goes back to the concept of planning Primavera uses. Even if we talk about days there is no day "0" in planning. Theoritically Day "0" is a (no duration) breakpoint between Day 1 and the day before. Its just a point not a day. The same is with weeks. The 1st week of your project IS week 1. There is no week "0".

Maybe the alternative is to try and convince the client with this logic way of showing the timscale in your reports. Hope I could have been of help.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Hi there,

Yes, we stand corrected. I will advise the sorry individual who came up with that answer !!!

Regards.
P3 Scheduler
The Planning Planet Team,

Thanks for your kind suggestion BUT still you will not be able to show Week 0.

Best regards,
CS Ong
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Hi there Mr Scheduler!

On the same window that you used to select "Ordinal Dates" you should see (at the bottom of the window) two selection choices...

"Units" - to choose weeks, months etc etc and
"Ordinal Start" - to change the start date (calendar days, referencing your ES, EFs). If you adjust this Ordinal Start date you will see that it changes your week numbers.

Hope this helps you.

Kind Regards
The Planning Planet Team