Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Not copying across the A into Excel

5 replies [Last post]
Philip James
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

Hopefully a quick easy questions

I'm copying across activities from P6 into Excel. However, for a couple of the activities, it's not copying across the A?

I have tried different copy and paste options into excel, but no joy. Any ideas?

Regards

Philip

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

copy paste special value ?

Philip James

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

So.... :-)

1. Yep, the activity is actulised. Both Start and Finish. For what it's worth, the time is the same? (I wonder if this is the issue, bug?)

2. If I copy and paste into Notepad the 'A' is there after the date and time

3. No matter of differing formatting options in Excel does it resolve the issue?

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Philip,
Have you checked the excel formatting to see if it is being pasted in at a date time format?
Check to make sure that the cells where the date field is being pasted into is set to text format then try pasting in the values again.
I’m guessing that the values in Primavera have actual start / finish dates applied and are showing with the A in the date field.
Try pasting the values into notepad to see if it is the same there as well.
It should paste as tab separated text from there.
Steven
Philip James

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I've tried that, copying and pasting I've done. CRTL A CRTL V, and other such button bashing.

It's that the A on only some activities isn't copied.

Some actulised Activities, the A is copied. Others. It's not?

Oddly. If you remove the 'time' the A will paste into Excel. However, if you keep the time on. The A is not copied? (and it's not the width of the excel column either.....

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

you can export the activities or highlight al of them then right click and select copy to excel