Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule & Performance % Complete are not Summarized at Summary Level.

9 replies [Last post]
SM PUM
User offline. Last seen 10 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All

I am Using Primavera P6 Version 8.2.

I have made a programe that is neither loaded wioth cost nor  with resources.I am using Duration % Complete.After assigning the current project as baseline when I have updated the schedule I Found that Schedule % Complete is not rolled up to the summary Level.It is entered in front of each activity but not showing in the TOTAL "Band".Same is the case with PErformance % Complete.

Can any one tell me that what I am missing here

RegaRDS

Replies

Stephan Steenkamp
User offline. Last seen 11 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Raymund,

Thanks, got it sorted yesterday.

I made a rookie mistake, didnt update my baseline. After the update all was good.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Stephan,

Just assign the Baseline in the Primary Baseline. Do not assign on the Project Baseline.

Regards,

Stephan Steenkamp
User offline. Last seen 11 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Can anyone help please?

I have saved the baseline and is using it to calculate Schedule % Complete.

Im using an updated schedule to calculate performance % Complete.

Now my understanding is that when your baseline date is in progress your schedule % Complete will show progress. Now my baseline date has passed and my schedule % complete doesnt show progress. All my other activities show except a few activities. I have tried resource & cost loaded schedules, I have tried changing the settings when calculating but it doesnt work.

Please any help will be appreciated.

Arun R
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

I what to know is there any internationally accepted standard for work quantity Vs manhour?

For example 50cubic meter concreting needs this much manhour, like that? Please help......I want to know how resourses can be assigned in activities.

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

Hi

Performance % is used for Earned Value C alculations, as such cost being a metric is normal,,but the Schedule % complete using cost for calculating %complete (Goup Totals) at summary levels is not the right method. At activity level the Schedule % complete is based on duration.

A work around is to manually create a Planned (Schedule) Progress using update progress and viewing the Duration %complete, which summarizes and provides Group Totals using Durations.  

Regards

Shareef

SM PUM

This is strange as far as i remember there was a time when we never loaded resources or cost in our pragram still we have worked with schedule and performance percent complete.  I believe that their must be a way to get these two by using durations only.

Waiting for other experts

Regards

Nicos Pozatos
User offline. Last seen 1 year 49 weeks ago. Offline

Schedule & Performance % complete are shown on Summary bars only if your programme is cost loaded. A quick work around is to assign the activity duration as a resource to the activities and give a value to the Price/Unit of the resource you have used.

Regards,

Nicos Pozatos.

SM PUM

Yes I Have tried all options.The Issue is that when I assign cost to the activities the I am Getting the Summary Of both Schedule & Performance % Complete.But Without Cost When I am using Just Duration % Complete,it is not Available.

Anyone else Please advise

Ian Mackrell
User offline. Last seen 10 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Try:

Go to Group and Sort and check tick box 'show group totals'