Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing OD w/out automatically changing activity % complete

3 replies [Last post]
John Rovir Ferna...
User offline. Last seen 10 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

Im making a revised schedule and this is one of my problem. I want to change the Original duration without changing automatically the Activity % complete. these activities already started and there are already progress on it.
I'll appreciate any help you give me. Thanks.

Replies

ECHEZONACHUKWU OB...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Hi John,

It all depends on the kind of progress % complete type you are using, if it is duration % then it would be affected but if it is physical % complete then you can go ahead to input the correct original duration to reflect the obtainable duration. if you are using units %, it depends on the quantity of the job delivered for you to get the progress %.

I will advice you to always use physical % complete type so as to give accurate progress on the job.

Regards,

Eche.

Muthukumaru Senth...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Jone;

Basically you are revising this duration due to inaccurate of the original planned duration, it means the started activity could not progress as you planned . Progress % and remaining durtion to be determined by you.

Senthuran

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi John

If you cannot just extend the end date of the uncompleted section then you may have to take off the progress - extend the durations and then add back the progress.

Best regards

Mike Testro