Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Modifications in the updated Program from Base plan

2 replies [Last post]
SHAJI MOHAMED
User offline. Last seen 14 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi.,

I have one Base plan with some logics between activities.After 3 months of update, i felt that the sequence (not only sequence,some of them) considered in the Base plan is having some issues or you can say that those can be considered in some other way. Please give me some suggestions to change the sequences or durations in the Updated program from Base plan. Is it the right thing to do or not.

Regards.,
S. Shaji Mohamed

Replies

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 39 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Shaji

In the existing baseline [ without updates ],you can revise the network logic where you find the issues and than update it with actual site scenario and check the status.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Shaji,

Of course it is the right thing to do. It depends on the size of your project and the complexity of it. If you have a Contract and you submitted a Program of Works and the Engineer didn’t return with comments, then this is the Schedule that you (Contractor) will be following to complete the project.

I assume that you are using FIDIC, and following article (8/3) once you realize that the actual progress at site does not represent the Program of Works, you need to modify your Program of Works to represent the actual (new information), making sure that you abide by the Conditions of Contract (scope, time).

With kind regards,

Samer