Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating Progress - Period Financials

11 replies [Last post]
Steve Ogrady
User offline. Last seen 11 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can someone please shed some light on Period Financials?

I am in the process of tracking actual units/costs on an ongoing basis. I am not sure how to set-up/utilize period financials within Primavera, but would like to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Steve,

As long as the Project is running, the Invoices are called Interium Invoices. These are payments made to the Contractor with the approval of the Engineer. The works can be approximate and not exact.

You include it in the time period that it was submitted and paid.

Best Regards,

Samer
Steve Ogrady
Assume that I get an invoice which is for a financial period which has past. Should I go back and include the amount into the correct financial period? How would you handle this? Thanks
Steve Ogrady
Dieter,

For some strange reason, repeating the same procedure today gave me the correct financial periods.

Thanks,

Paul
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Steve
I just checked with a test database; it was ok.
Start and end are displayed in the overview. Which data are shown. Did you delete and create new already? No problem without actual data.
Did you check the table "FINDATES"?

Regards
Dieter
Steve Ogrady
It would like to align the finacial periods with the actual payment schedule for the specific contract. I would like to create batch financial periods from:

Sunday, 11-Jan-09 to Saturday, 02-August-09

I select:

Batch Start Date: 11-Jan-09
Batch Finish Date: 02-Aug-09
Financial Period: Every Week/Period ends on Saturday.

It appears that the 29 periods that are created are incorrect. They all start on a Tuesday and end on a Saturday, rather than start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Steve Ogrady
Thanks
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Steve

I would align it with your accounting system to make data transfer easier and to have a better chance for controlling.

IMHO
Dieter
Steve Ogrady
Great. Thank You.

Question: Our financial system is separate from Primavera. This is the first T&M contract in which we will be tracking a resource loading schedule. We will want to use Primavera to verify financial data within the financial system and vice versus.

The contractor will be submitting progress payments on a weekly basis. Should the pay periods be aligned with the financial system OR with the way that contractors will submit payments?
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
These are the steps for working on Store Period Performance:

è Open the appropriate project and ensure Link Actual And Actual This Period Units and Cost is enabled, select the Calculations tab in the lower pane of the Projects Window.

è This option is grayed, if the project is not open

Set the Financial Periods by Selecting Admin, Financial Periods, which will open the financial periods form.

Have global privileges to edit financial periods (Say in ur case, from 27th dec to 30th Jan and so on....)

To store the period performance select, Tools --> Store period Performance…. to open the Store Period Performance form, and then select the projects to have the period performance stored and click the STORE NOW button.

The results can be viewed and edited in the past period actual columns of:

- Resource Assignment Windows, and

- Activity details (Resource Tab)

Cheers,

Rav
Steve Ogrady
Thanks. First time tracking a Time and Materials Schedule.

Currently, all activities within the schedule have been resource loaded (include. costs).

ADMIN>Financial Periods:

I would like to create the following Financial Periods.

27-Dec-08 to 30-Jan-09
31-Jan-09 to 27-Feb09
28-Feb-09 to 27-Mar-09

….. to 30-Sep-09

Note: Period ends on the Last Friday of every month and begins on the following day.

I created these manually and it appears to be in order. However, I changed the Batch Start and End dates to be 27-Dec-08 to 30-Sep-09, respectively. After selecting "Batch Create" the dates change.

Can you offer a step by step so that I can confirm that these periods have been created correctly?

Thanks

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Steve,

You will need to learn about how to associate the unit cost of the resources to the activities. Depending on the version that you are using, you can purchase a book over the net/ amazon and get everything in order.

Best Regards,

Samer