Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Curves Early and Late in P6

6 replies [Last post]
Felipe N G
User offline. Last seen 16 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello,

In P6 to see the early and late curves i choose Resource Usage profile and on Display with right click i choose Resource Usage Profile Options and click remaining early and remaining late in the column cumulative.

how can i obtain the values of this curves in P6? Which reports can i use? or is there other way?

Thank All

Regards,
Felipe

Replies

armando moriles
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Felipe,

Me too is having problem with the early and late curves.

But I would like to contribute and I hope this would help:

1. Make sure that your programmes both Baseline and Working are resource loaded;
2. Working with your baseline, in the Resouce Usage Profile Options check remaining early and remaining late either both by date and cumulative;
3. In the generated histogram, double click on the histogram itself on the period where you want to get the values. A table continue containing the values should pop up.But remember that you are still working with your baseline;
4. Now, the problem is that when are already working with your Current or Working programme, the resource usage profile does not give you anymore the baseline early and late values rather the remaining or the working early and late values.

I find it very disappointing going back to the old way, doing it in excel aside from being embarrased from my boss. But I still believe that there are still solutions to balance the equation from which we may be able to learn from our friends from PP.

In my case, I did steps 1 to 3, right down the values and work in excel. I just had to format the excel report a look a like of the Primavera report. And on our weekly report, I update Primavera, get the actual values and manually input data to excel.

Hope this may help...

Arman
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Try the Resource Usage spreadsheet
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Export it to excel

Remember the good old P3 days

This is only as a last resort
Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Waseem,

Then give me your email address then i can send u xer file...agree?
Waseem Saber
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
Did you try Tracking? check if you can get the desired results otherwise, create a unit resource and generate the results.

otherway is to use the Patlink and build load your xer (current programme)under Task Field add two columns for the midpoint dates which can be generated as new Mid point start as (Early Start+(Late Start-Early Start)/2 & new midpoint finish as (Early Finish+(Late Finish-Early Finish)/2 and name it as the xer as 50% programme~P50, this way you got the mid point dates which fall between the early and late dates, this should be your mean dates and on similar basis build another xer for the Late dates (as 100%-P100.

this way you can assign these P50 & P100 for the mid and late curves.

hope this will give you the lead to generate the curves, as currently, it seems there is glitch in generating the Late curves in P6, we faced a similar scenario and we had to develope this technique to satisfy the client.

PS- let me know if you require further support i can send you the xls sheet or send me your xer i will convert and send it back to you...
regards

Waseem Saber
shiv rao
User offline. Last seen 12 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Did you find the solution dear .
I am also waiting to get this out my head .

I am able to get the early but not the late curves as the data is not reflecting.

May be the way we are planning is restircting for teh data to get displayed .

Regards

Shiv Rao