Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Clean Room

2 replies [Last post]
haslan abdrahim
User offline. Last seen 10 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Does anybody have any idea regarding planning/scheduling of Clean Room?
Clean Room is normally associated with a manufacturing plant of electronic items if I am not wrong
Regards

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 13 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Indeed.
Different standards / uses of clean rooms apply, and can have a major effect on the project schedule.
As an example, I once worked on a construction & fit out of a clean room designed to test electronic equipment. One particular item of test kit was sensitive enough to be affected by static, so all workers & equipment had to be statically discharged & shieled prior to entering the room after this kit was installed. Needless to say this was the last piece of equipment planned for installation & commisioning!
Brennan Westworth
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have come across clean rooms in pharmacuticle plants as well. They usually define different standards of clean rooms (grey areas, white areas) Planning in these areas requires special attention. The final installation work usually requires posetive pressure air locks where the workers change into clean clothes and cover-alls.

If you are not experienced in this work you are best to talk to a project engineer that is.