Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Missing project codes - feels like deja vu

4 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

I googled this and searched this site. Question:  I go and create "project codes".  Then I try to add it as a column and it is either missing or if able to pull up it will not let me add the values from a pull down menu like normal codes.  I believe I have encounted issues with project codes before but cannot remember how to resolve this issue.  Any advise.  I should be able to just add a code to a dictionary, add values, pull up those values.  Does not work that way, what am I missing?  I made it unique to avoid the dupe name issue.  

Replies

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Zoltan,

Ok lets wait to hear from John..

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Santosh

Thats what I tried to explain

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

John there is a difference between Project Codes and Activity Codes.

Project Codes are assigned to the projects and are only visible when in the Projects view (usually organised by the EPS). Whereas Activity codes can exist as three different types - Global, EPS or Project and are assigned to activities within projects.. They're both found under the ENTERPRISE menu but it is more often the Activity codes that are used,

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 25 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

the column should be displayed for the code under Activity project global codes or activity project codes

it will not have any code values until you assign them to each activity 

you wil not see the code values when you try to use for the first time. What you have to do is select the upside down triangle and select display filter by All Values

if you are talking about true PROJECT CODES this item in the column selection is below Perercent Completes category 

you can add the column from there.

Make sure that 1 you have the rights to add the PROJECT CODE values and that the code is not checked as being secure

THIS PROJECT CODE CAN ONLY BE ADDED AT THE PROJECT LEVEL NOT ACTVITY LEVEL

you can add the project code column and assign the project code value by clicking on the Project Directory on the left to show ALL of your Projects then add the code there.