Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6, Resource Assignment would not import for repeated resource

1 reply [Last post]
edul mar
User offline. Last seen 1 year 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I try to import Resource Assignment from Excel to P6, 

I have several activities that have repeated resource. When I import the excel file to update my P6 project, only the first resource iis imported while other repeated resource will be ignore. Is there any method to make P6 import all repeated resources without ignoring the repeated resource?

I cannot create the repeated resource as a new resource because I need the collect the repeated resources data later as one lumpsump data.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

go to the projects directory 

make sure that your project is highlighted

Click on the Resources tab

lower right under Resource Assignmets make sure that the box that says Resources can be assigned to the smae activity more than once IS CHECKED.