Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Exporting External Activity Relationships to Excel

1 reply [Last post]
David Ball
User offline. Last seen 4 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

I need to export all the External Relationships (Predecessors and Successors) in my schedule to Excel so that I can re-import them with some changes.

When I run the export, with all projects open, I only get the internal relationships.

I can get the external relationships in a Report but really want to be able to export them to Excel.

Is there any way of doing this in P6?

Thanks very much

Dave

Replies

Rodney Jones
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Zoltan,

A flashback from 2005, I am trying to link external dependencies by adding them to the Master schedule export xls. Using P6 V23 I have followed your advice from 2005 (as above) but am not receiving the External Dependencies. I am also not receiving the External Early Start or Late Finish dates.

I have both projects open when exporting but only selecting the successor project. Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Rodney Jones

Hi Zoltan,

A flashback from 2005, I am trying to link external dependencies by adding them to the Master schedule export xls. Using P6 V23 I have followed your advice from 2005 (as above) but am not receiving the External Dependencies. I am also not receiving the External Early Start or Late Finish dates.

I have both projects open when exporting but only selecting the successor project. Your insight would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Rodney Jones

Hi Zoltan,

Rod

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

make sure under the scheduling option that ignore external relationships is NOT checked

when you export make sure that you choose relationship and modify the export to include

Predecessor project 

successor project

predecessor wbs

successor wbs

also make sure that you have the rights to export the information for ALL of the projects that you have open