Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Extract calendar data in SQL

1 reply [Last post]
Denise Eagle
User offline. Last seen 10 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am trying to do up a resource calendar availability roster using SQL.

I can extract where the resource is on several projects, but they are putting their recreational days off onto their calendar. There is one calendar per resource, and I am unable to read these values in SQL as the calendar is in a different format with numberical values that can't be read.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to other options?

We have many casual resources that are on many projects, the main issue we have is that when allocating resources to a project there is no way to tell who is available or not.

Or, are the resources in the Add Resource form 1. only active ones show, 2. only ones that don't have recreational days off, 3. only ones that are not on other projects?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Denise

As far as I know the calendars in P6 are binary blocks. I've heard that with the API (Application Programmers' Interface) there is a chance to read them.

A work-around which may help:

Use the report function

Add --> Select "Time distr. Data" then Resources --> Columns: Select e.g. name and id; filter by the resources you want to see --> Timescale: Select day and then the interval - by custom date - you want to study --> Time Interval Fields: Available Units --> Give a name to your report --> Run ASCII Text File --> Output will be in csv format which can be processed by Excel.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Dieter