Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

opening old P6 sql and sql lite databases when nobody knows the password

No replies
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

We don't have to deal with now with ver 18 as much.  I am refering to the previous versions that used SQL and SQL Lite - I have been a scheduler for 30 years, have never had data worthy of a password, and always had problems with this issue.   Imagine if every excel password had to have a password, its like that - rediculous.  IT people set up the databases and are long gone or don't recall the password - and on top of that is an "alias" that you also have to know and it makes for a terrible situation.  Plus it was common to get disconnected from the databases.  I googled it and the answers were not inspiring.  How can you open these when people don't know the password and alias.  PS, I have never understood the what why of the alias.  Why not just xer everything in and out?  -  Because of the quantity and size of files in this case.  I read you can put multiple P6's on one computer - don't believe it unless maybe you are an IT person.