Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Duration Equal to Activity Duration

3 replies [Last post]
Eric Preisendanz
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I created a cost loaded schedule. I did not do anything with the resource durations; when creating the schedule I just entered the duration in the activity duration column. I now need these activity durations to be copied into the resource durations without having to hand key in for all 2500 activities. I do not need the resource durations to change with the units, I just need the resource duration to always correspond with the respective activity duration.

Currently, all resource durations are 0 for non-progressed activities. Activities that have started display the actual activity duration

Let me know if you need any other info that would help out.

Replies

Eric Preisendanz
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

My units do not correspond to my duration. I have set up a $1 to 1 unit ratio. So an activity of $5000 would be 5000 units. But the duration is based on the predetermined duration of the activity. I need to transfer all of the activity durations to the resource durations (i.e.: Activity ID AA100: Duration = 5 days. all resources assigned to that activity need a resource duration = 5 days)

Let me know if this is possible

rowstone fausto
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Good day Eric,

Just make your default unit/time  equal to 1 for all  assigned resourses. To make your activity duration equal to your budgeted units.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Eric,

See if the Resource Calendar is the same as the Activity Calendar and as well as the Default Calendar.

Regards,