Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Network logic Plots

2 replies [Last post]
Guy Hindley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am after good quality network logic plots from a P6 schedule I have. The default P6 layout with logic lines overlying each other is not very conducive to following the logic on A0 sized sheets, especially for non Planners. I seem to remember some time ago P6 recommended some additional non Oracle software to enhance their system. Anyone know or can recommend software as a "bolt on" to P6 to give this functionality please?

Replies

Guy Hindley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

Ronald,

Thanks for your comments. I have looked again at the network diagram and selected the "activity network options" tab. I am on v8.2 and I don't appear to have an option to timescale the logic plot. In this version there is a modification to help timescale and show logic as a timescaled  barchart, but really want a "basic, easy to use network plot.

I know for MSP you can buy Pertchart or Netronics Graneda to enhance the basic network plot functionality.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Guy,

If you want a nice time-scaled logic diagram, I suggest that you ‘bolt on’ P6 Version 8.  P6 Version 8.1 introduced one such utility and P6 Version 8.3 replaced that with a better one.  Here we go through 7 versions of P6 asking for a time-scaled logic diagram to replace the P3 one and then Oracle/Primavera produces two different versions back-to-back.  I suspect that this product needs better management in the development department.