Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using Import to Update existing schedule

No replies
Rodney Jones
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the import to update an existing schedule. I have set the Update criteria for Activities to:

Update Existing and Selected the checkbox to Delete (if not in new schedule).

But the Delete isn't deleting.

V23.12, EPPM runing client version of same on laptop.

Very confused as to why this isn't working.

Rod

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Rod,

Yes, you are correct. The selected items are activity-related and will be automatically deleted if they are not found in the new record import and it works on me. 

Another option you can choose is to use the 'Replace Existing Project' import action instead of selecting 'Update existing Project'. This will provide an exact copy of the imported Project.

Please Note: this import action will delete the whole copy of existing project including the baseline.

Rodney Jones

Hi Rodel, nice to chat with you again and thank you for your reply however, when looking at these settings (pic attached), I am understanding that the delete function is directly relating to the Activity. Am I misunderstanding the Oracle instructions?

p6_v23_import_-_update_settings.png

Rodney Jones

Hi Rodel, nice to chat with you again and thank you for your reply however, when looking at these settings (pic attached), I am understanding that the delete function is directly relating to the Activity. Am I misunderstanding the Oracle instructions?

Rodney Jones

So even though I have selected Update the Activity and checkboxed Delete (if not in new import) the activities that should be deleted (identified by running Visualiser comparison beforehand), are not being deleted.

S

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Rod,

Please note that the Delete field applies only to relationships with external projects, thresholds, activities, activity relationships, and activity resource assignments. Global data types are not affected by this setting.