Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MSP2003 Splits Milestones

1 reply [Last post]
Paul Smith
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have been using the "Reschedule uncompleted work after ..." feature to shoe true critical path into key milestones. If there is an intermediate milestone that gets shifted from before the status date to after it MSP has been converting it to a task and splitting it so the finish date only gets moved to the logical date.

How can I stop MSP from splitting milestones and just move them as is?

Replies

Paul Smith
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Sorry Guys, I figured it out for myself.

The PM had been in and statused these milestones as x% complete of course this is wrong, milestones are either zero or 100%). MSP saw this to indicate a change of type to an activity (which can be x% complete) and slits it as it reschedules the finish date.
I will be aware of this and test for it before doing this again.