Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Tasklynx

11 replies [Last post]
Roger Harper
User offline. Last seen 18 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone used the Tasklynx program by Critical Path Technologies? It appears to add a more advanced level of outlook integration into Project but I would like some real world feedback if anyone here has used it.

thanks,
Roger

Replies

Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
By the way Russell,

Today is Youth day here, another public holiday, when is New Zealand going to produce a definitive beer, definitely nothing like Fosters, which gives an incredible hangover, those ausies must be nuts. But their cricket is not too bad, but dislike the b.......rds
Philip Jonker
There should not be a problem as it all revolves around databases
Philip Jonker
I think it is the task of Microsoft, as the programs are both from them
Philip Jonker
Hi Russell,

How about a bet on the tri-nations

For fun

Philip
Russell Butson
User offline. Last seen 19 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Philip,

What are you suggesting? Do you believe it is possible to integrate MSP with Outlook?

R
Philip Jonker
Hi guys,

I was called in to set up a system in 2000 to basically do what the website described. But thinking about it, I am probably wrong in the sense that MS outlook was not in existence then, hence the shared updating was done differently, via the internet. Much water has passed under the bridge in the last five years. The point is Primavera P3 which is a good program, but somewhat archaic, operates with MS outlook, so why cant the MS programs converse?
Lets check it out, and save the $99.99, otherwise I will dock up.

Regards

Philip
Roger Harper
Based upon what I have read re:MS Server, tasks are added to the Outlook Calndar with apparently limited functionality.

Perhaps Project Web Access might provide some solutions?

Roger
Russell Butson
User offline. Last seen 19 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Philip - you suggest MSP integration with Outlook already exists - does it?

MSP2003 allows data from Outlook to be loaded into MSP - but there is no function within MSP that allows tasks to be sent to outlook. This functionality is available if you employ MSP server - but not on a stand-alone system. It seems odd to me that MS has not added this function. MSP is my main planning software while I use outlook for daily tasks - I plan in MSP and then have to cut and paste tasks into outlook - crazy!

Your thoughts?

R

Philip Jonker
Hi had a quick look at it, as far as I know this should already be available in MSP, don’t waste your $99.99, just check if I am right this facility was already in MSP 2000.
Roger Harper
The website may be found via this link http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM011864561033.aspx

thanks,
Roger
Philip Jonker
Let us know where you found this, then we may be able to comment