Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PP formatting is not working for me

4 replies [Last post]
Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 17 min ago. Offline

I am having trouble with the site formatting of my posts and wonder if anyone else is having such issue.

This is an example of what PP displays at the input screen.

Photobucket

But this is what I get.

Photobucket

Best regards,

Rafael

Replies

Rafael Davila

gar·ble (gärbl)

tr.v. gar·bled, gar·bling, gar·bles1. To mix up or distort to such an extent as to make misleading or incomprehensible: She garbled all the historical facts.2. To scramble (a signal or message), as by erroneous encoding or faulty transmission.3. Archaic To sort out; cull.n.The act or an instance of garbling. THE ABOVE PASTE BY USING INTERNET EXPLORER + REGULAR COPY AND PASTE - IT IS A MATTER OF AVOIDING USE OF REGULAR PASTE WHEN COPYING TEXT FROM A WEBSITE - USE PASTE AS PLAIN TEXT SOMETHING I WAS NOT AWARE BEFORE.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to try to help.  Can you try the same thing using Explorer or Firefox on your next post so we can see if it is a browser issue.  I have tried it with Firefox and it works fine for me, Idont have access to Chrome.

Thanks for helping...

Rafael Davila

I am selecting for copying from other websites using the ie explorer in my case Google Chrome. Then I paste it to the input screen. 

It might not be a bug but a reflection on how pasting to the clipboard works, the issues I am having is that I cannot reformat the text as if some hidden codes are pasted that makes it very difficult to edit unless you disable rich-text and handle the issue with some HTML coding.

The following is a paste using the paste as plain text which is working as expected.

gar·ble (gärbl)
tr.v. gar·bled, gar·bling, gar·bles
1. To mix up or distort to such an extent as to make misleading or incomprehensible: She garbled all the historical facts.
2. To scramble (a signal or message), as by erroneous encoding or faulty transmission.
3. Archaic To sort out; cull.
n.
The act or an instance of garbling.

Looks like it is not a PP bug but the way I pasted the text, my mistake.

I underlined "The act or an instance of garbling" but it does not shows so I am still having some minor issues with underlining, not a big deal.

Best regards,

Rafael

Hello Rafael,

This is an interesting one.  May I ask which application you are pasting the text from (MS Word?  Outlook Editor?)

I will then have someone take a look.

I have tried several things myself this morning and they all worked ok and the formatting pasted from Ms word seemed to work ok.

Regards... PP Team