Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

production rates

2 replies [Last post]
Naveed Tariq, PE,...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Moderator!

I needed your favour. I always finds difficulty in understanding the production rates published on the site.

We are using following feilds
- Ref
- Task / Description
- Slow  
- Ave  
- Fast  
- Units

Can we also mention number of resources deployed to achieve these productivities. In most of the cases set of resources are deployed, adding one or reducing another can have different affect on productivities. If it is not possible, can it be explained on some other area that what is the baseline configuration of resources used.

Regards

Replies

Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Charlie I thought you were back from your holiday Did you go to Mars Production rates can only be used as a guide You need to factor in your experience regarding the location, weather, workforce expertise etc. I dont believe there are intergalactic production rates or even countrywide rates there are rates which require to be tweaked with regard to the above and other factors If PP covered all these the production rates would not work and how do you deal with production incentives and the affect they have on rates???? Clive
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Naved,

Your query have basis. We do need to know what are the essentials of this production rates in PP. Are the production rates taken from a particular country, hence only relevance to that particular country.

OR,

Is the production rates universal in application, meaning anywhere in the universe including work to be done in outer space, galaxy (as long as the conversion to particular application is universally accepted).

I wish PP will shed more light on the production rates.

Regards,

Charlie