Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Success rate on the job page

7 replies [Last post]
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have a thought, what is the success rate of PPers, applying for work via the job page? The reason for this is that because of the nature of projects, especielly contract/consultant planners, move around a lot. In other words, your are not tied to a particular company, but sell your skills for projects, that require them. I had a reply recently, from a recruiter, why I have changed companies frequently. The reason being, is that I take on a project, and it is completed, you then have to find something else to do, and unless the company you are with has something else for you to do, you move on. You might end up with the same company after completing a project for another company. This may sound mercenary but it is the facts of life in projects.

The reason I write this in the improving PP is that, I would like to know if companies that use planners are being made aware of the website. IE I think there is scope for allowing companies to join, as employer members, and that they must be made aware, of this site. I know the links page exists, but the links are mainly third party recruiters. I do not have a problem with ensuring that the companies I do work for is aware of rhis site. There is also scope for peripheral members such as PM’s and Cost Engineers etc.

Lets hear your thoughts.

Replies

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Will do my level best to past the information on Planning Planet to the recruiter’s in Malaysia.

Request other PPers from rest of the regions to contribute.

Regards.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Hello,

If PPers want to see more jobs appearing from a wider selection of countries, the quickest way to make this happen is for them (you, the PP team, everyone) to contact recruiters in their location and tell them about what we are all doing here at PP.

Best of luck. Anyone want to help?

Philip Jonker
Hi All,

My computor got stuck during my last posting, and would not let me complete what I was saying.

The point is to see how effective the job page is. As a lot of planners, contract out, and are not in permanent positions, due to the nature of project, the page is very useful, especially the more companies/employers or agents use it, and the more it finds it’s way into other countries.

Regards

Philip
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 9 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Look like the planning planet website is famous for UK recruiters only. Not many from other part of the world.

Apart from PPers introducing the website to their bosses for planners recruitment purposes, Planning Planet shall introduce the website in engineering, architecture, construction, oil&gas and etc. magazines.

Through the introduction and contribution on articles more professional bodies will utilise the Planning Planet website and identify the members.

Eventually with this recognition and the effort from all PPers, Planning Planet can become one of the Certified Professional Body in construction industry.

Regards.
Pete Oswald
User offline. Last seen 18 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Imagine this...

What if all of the PPers spoke with their bosses and employers and said that we (i.e. planners around the world) had the technology and contacts to be able to put them in touch with any new staff that they need from time to time.

This would shake things up a little!!

Pete.
Philip Jonker
Thanks PPAdmin,

For replving to me question, why was there no responses, but yours. The point is if you have too much to say you might get some flack, however, there is some interesting people on the site, like Andrew F, who will raise their voice,the point is how effective
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Philip,

This is a really interesting issue.

If companies had an alternative mechanism of finding planners, then this (potentialy) could lessen the need for recruiters (as we currently know them) today.

For sure, some planners will think this is a good thing, while others will think it is a bad thing.

It will be most interesting to see if anyone has an opinion on this.

PP currently does not ask recruiters / planners for feedback on recruiting / job-hunting efforts.

PP Admin.