Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Snapping time unit too big!

3 replies [Last post]
Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Fellow Astarnians,

Anyone know how to make the snapping time unit default to 1 hour? Half day is the lowest I can see listed.

Hoping to use Asta for shutdown planning and scheduling where tasks are planned down to 20 minutes!

While I'm at it, selecting year / month / day is brilliant in the date selection, would be great if went next level - to hours, can I request for Asta wish list?

Yours in faithfull anticipation,

Craig Adams

Replies

Karol Kot
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Craig,

Go to Library Explorer, Display "Time Unit" folder, double click on it, display "Exclude From Snapping Units" column and untick checkbox next to Hours.

Hope this helps.

Karol 

Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 2 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

Found tools options snap time to hours , thanks but back in main section that dropdown's smallest default is still half day. 

Must say though, now when l draw in new task it is allowing a two hour task rather than half day so all good!

Regarding time selecting what I mean there is at the moment you can pick everything from a pick list,Year, Month, Day , but then you have to select over the time and type it in, it would be great if you could also pick the time  from a pick hit as I find this method very fast.  One for the wish list!

Cheers,

Craig Adams.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Craig

When I use the snap dropdown on the icon list hours are an option.

I would also check in the Tools > Edit section that the Snap assignments box is ticked.

You can format the date column to show time in hours after the date - I prefer to format the date column usiing:

dd-MMM-yy:HH-mm

Best regards

Mike Testro