Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Does anyone know if ASTA has Iphone or Ipad Module?

6 replies [Last post]
Derya Ceylan
User offline. Last seen 7 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Does anyone know if ASTA has Iphone or Ipad Module?

Thanks

Replies

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Patii,

I'm not entirely sure that your post isn't an advert for application development services...  However, it does give me an excuse to update this thread on the development I mentioned earlier in the year!

Site Progress Mobile, a mobile application on Android & iOS to work in conjunction with Asta Powerproject, is coming in the New Year.  Hopefully Santa will be delivering a beta version to interested parties shortly after dropping off the rest of his Christmas presents.  A full launch will then follow including demonstrations at our National User Forum in London, 26th March 2014.

It is looking like an ideal tool for connecting the reality of the build with the office-based planners!

Ben

Patii Lockett
User offline. Last seen 10 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Developing ASTA for ipad by using ipad application development is not an easy thing, I really appreciate this effeort made. No doubt ASta App is great option for us who regulary use mobile devices.

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Claudia,

Funnily enough, we have exactly such an app in development as we speak - perhaps you've seen a copy of our product roadmap?!?

The focus of our support for mobile devices will be around the easy reporting of activity progress from remote locations; in other words, the perfect tool to allow site managers to report actual progress against scheduled activity.  This will function regardless of network connectivity, so you don't have to rely on having Wi-fi/3G/4G on a building site!  It is also equally applicable to our customer base outside of construction who want to record progress information but without needing to use our existing timesheet system.

Do keep an eye on our website or sign up for our 'Powerlines' newsletters in order to receive updates on our release schedule for these new modules.

Best wishes,

Ben @ Asta

Claudia Owen
User offline. Last seen 11 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

I guess this is something that they should work on to. Having an ASTA app for most popular devices can be a best options for many users and members.

Regards,
Claudia Owen

Muqtada Khalid
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

I am thinking I will use my Smart Board to project the game with big screen and sounds. This will certainly get my students engaged by bringing them up to the board, selecting the plays, and getting ipad application development help for answers from the audience. Looking forward to Friday already.

Tekin Guvercin
User offline. Last seen 11 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Dear Derya,

ASTA has mobile application. Enterprise version also has free of Charge IPAD & IPhone reporting. This is simple and very effective module for Management. Please see presentation how it work from as following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DucPxlhlCU0&feature=youtu.be&a

Report Template also modify and custumize for each project.

Please let me know if you need any more explanation,

you can get trial from www.astadev.com

Regards

Tekin