Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Does anyone know how to set up P6 networking

4 replies [Last post]
Wilfredo Jr. Flores
User offline. Last seen 12 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone, I need help in setting up the P6 networking. I’m successful in giving access rights for my colleague, but they can’t perform updating progress. They can’t edit/apply actual dates and percentage complete progress.

Replies

Wilfredo Jr. Flores
hi nicky, thanks.sure it will be a great help to me.
Nicky Watson
User offline. Last seen 13 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

Presuming that you have ensured that the profile name concerned has the correct privileges, the only other thing I can suggest is to check under drop down menu ’Admin’ and the ’Users’ button and ensure that your user has the correct Global Security Profile allocated there too.

Nicky
Wilfredo Jr. Flores
Hi Nicky, thanks for the reply...I’ve tick the apply actuals and other related items in the Project and Global Profiles, but still I can’t edit / apply actual Dates
Nicky Watson
User offline. Last seen 13 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there.

You need to select ’Admin’ then’Security Profiles’ from drop down list at top of screen. Then select ’Project profiles’ and click on a profile name - make default if you wish by ticking box.

Then click which privileges from list you wish this profile name to have i.e. ’Apply Actuals’ - Has privilege - tick.

NB - You may need to ’Add’ your profile names if you haven’t set these up yet.

Hope this helps.