Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

South African Construction industry

5 replies [Last post]
Tony Hughes
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Have we any planners from south africa on the board,

Just wondering how the industry is in S.A AT present and what is the trend for the future

Replies

Danya Pearce
User offline. Last seen 3 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

PM me or email me on danyad@drasa.co.za

We are looking for planners

Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
I went Home to South Africa, hoping to find work at home. Went for some interviews, but I realized that the market does not want any shakers only pretty picture painters and got no reply.
The big company HR has got so much red tape these days that the last time I dealt with them I got a job offer 3 months after the interview, so I dont even bother anymore.
Agents phone you all the time but it is the companies putting the agents on a wild goose chase all the time
Mario Patel
User offline. Last seen 11 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Tony,

I moved to Cape Town from the UK about 3 months ago and have been unable to find work even with 10 years experience in the planning field. I’ve decided to return to the UK with my family and hopefully return to SA once I’ve made a few bucks to support my family and I for a few months.

Mario
Morne Beeslaar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Tony

Also working on large Power generation projects but within the water industry. Projects in general seem to be slowing down now as we get nearer the world cup but some companies have now picked up on the value of planning in the industry and are looking for senior planners.

Morné
shiv rao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Tony ,

I am in south Africa presently .
For one of the largest Power project close to Jburg.

Lot of requirement. Major project coming up.
Tough life mostly rural area project far away from cities.

Ok / Good renumeration.