Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Risky Business

2 replies [Last post]
Alex Seligman
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Has anyone emmigrated without having a job lined up AND during a recession??

Thinking aloud here:-

One option would be to go there as a tourist for a few weeks and do as I did a few yrs ago - go for cold interviews having sent my resume from the UK earlier in the hopes of getting a job without having to go through the immigration process.

Another option would be to ’land’ as an immigrant, then start job hunting but resign myself to the fact that I will have to deplete my savings in the process.

Third - Not go at all (4 yrs work down the drain) and hang onto my job and life in this country.

Fourth - Decline the visa, re-apply straight away and wait out the recession while the visa application is being processed - once again.

Replies

Alex Seligman
User offline. Last seen 15 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Samer,

I am going to Canada.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Alex,

You did not mention where you are going :) Most of countries in the world are building according their immediate needs only.

Best Regards,

Samer