Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Job opportunity at Morocco- urgent

6 replies [Last post]
Tarek Farid
User offline. Last seen 14 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All

Anybody seriously interested in a job in Morocco, as a Senior Site planning Engineer, please e-mail your CV at faridtarek@yahoo.co.uk

The project is a cement factory,
Duration is about 2 years,
Salary net is $ 4,000
In addition there will be local allowances + accommodation + flight tickets
Start date is 01.11.08

Only serious planners (french speaking preferred but not a must) willing to reallocate and start urgently are welcome to apply

Regards

Tarek Farid

Replies

Tarek Farid
Tony
Salary offered is $ 4000 net a month.
Joel
This is a staff position- not a contractor position. The rates that you are mentioning are probably for very experienced consultants.
Check rates even at UK- you find average of UK pound 50k a year gross. this makes net of almost $ 70,000 /12 = almost $ 5800. if you consider the standard of living plus other benefits offered you can understand the rational behind the salary set. this is a net take home salary;
in any case i received lots of application and for some planners they consider the job interesting for them so
Thanks anyway for your feedback
Tony Hughes
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline
Joel,

Is it not $4000 a week plus accomodation and flights
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
RE: How to attract planners to stay planners????

You have a previous forum, title as above. Well offer them that salary and you will see how quickly he will stay a planner.
Joel Gilbert
You dont have to take it from me just go www.oilandgasjobsearch.com and see for yourself what the companies are paying.

I reside in South Africa but work abroad. To answer your question the current going rate in South Africa is between 50$ to 64$ per hr @ 240 hrs, 12000-15000$ per month. Like I said you are looking for a clerk or junior planner. As a member I felt it my duty to intervene and protect our planners from been exploited. Mostly all vacancies nowadays the employer provides accommodation, transport and flights. I know that some companies or agents rip people off but that is up to the individual to learn who to deal with and not. for whatever that’s my opinion.
Tarek Farid
Hi Joel

It is surprise that you feel that this salary is relatively low- $4,000 net plus paid accommodation and in addition to local allowance would make a gross of almost $7,000... don’t think it is less than average

How much the senior planner in South Africa would ask for a local job of similar capacity?? This is only for curiosity

Thanks for your feedback
Tarek
Joel Gilbert
At that salary I think they are looking for a clerk???

That is a insult to any Senior planner