Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Job Opportunity and Migration to Australia

5 replies [Last post]
Ashraf Jahangeer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

As you know the boom for Construction projects is all over the world. I was wondering whether Australia is also as hot as Canada in the terms of welcomming skilled planners. I got a chance for Canada but did not opt for it due to harsh weather conditions.

I like Australia in general and the Austalian spirit in particular. I am an Indian working in Middle East for almost 15 years in the field of Project Controls. It is my dream to migrate to Australia and settle down there, anybody can guide me is most welcome.

Best Regards,

Ashraf

Replies

A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Yes Ashraf,

As compared to the rest of teh world, in Australia too, there is a great boom of construction. But, be specific, in which part of the Australia you want to move in. e.g. Melbourne is much better than Adelaide, even though Aus gov. prefers people to migrate to Adelaide.

If you are doing it through immigration agent, it would cost you approx. INR 175,000/- including fees of Institution of Engineers, Australia and IELTS exam fees.

For a planning Engineer, with 3-4 years experience salary will range in between 80,000/- Australian Dollars. But, with good exposure and experience you had in P3, you will definitely get some good salary.

Check www.seek.com.au Lot of ample opportunities are there in Australia for planning / project control engineers.

Also, Civil Engineers are on their SOL list.

Check the below link for further information about Australian Visa requirements.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/index.htm

Salaries are much better and chances of getting job is easier if you are PMP certified.

Cheers,

Raviraj A Bhedase
rehman raja
User offline. Last seen 17 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi ashraf,
iam a new comer to planning planet , iam an indian from A.P, basically iam a civil engineer , iam working as a civil engineer in Building’s , few days back i learned p3 as a beginner do u have any oppurtunities in ur company or some where how is middle east countries , if u know any one plz refer me iam very thankful to u
Iam rehman raja from A.P
waiting for ur reply
than q
rehmanraja
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Ashraf Jahangeer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Andy,

I am unable to access the link, will appreciate if you could provide the http:// address for it.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashraf
Andrew Dick
User offline. Last seen 8 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
ASHRAF youshould read this threadt.

Look Here.

Andy