Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New career in Dubai ?

6 replies [Last post]
stephen feltham
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’m considering taking a construction planning engineer role in Dubai and leaving rain sodden England for a new life in the sun.

I’m trying to find out as much as possible about the working conditions I’m likely to find in Dubai.

I would be very grateful if anyone out there could spare a bit of time to explain what to expect, working hours, days on and off that sort of thing.

Steve

Replies

Num Lock
User offline. Last seen 11 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Steve, usually working hours here for planners of private companies are 8 to 5pm, Sat to Thu. For consultancy firm and government, Sun to Thu.

Usually all projects here are fast track. You must have your own vehicle here cause public transpo s*ucks here.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Steve,

I hope this isn’t another chocolate fire engine, but you might get some of the information you need from the Dubai Travel Market site or the Expat Focus site.

Alternatively do a member search on ’Dubai’, pick out somebody who is working there and ask them.

Chris Oggham
Tony Hughes
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
bio fuels,

thought you would have know that,

Wales is full of them
Kieran Thomson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Tony

What do chocolate fire engines run on, petrol or diesel and how often do they need servicing?

I take it they put out fires with chocolate milkshake.

Cheers
Tony Hughes
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Deb,

That was a useful peice of information to give out

About as good as a chocolate fire engine
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Stephen,

Every thing depends on he company you join.

regards

deb