Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

employment opportunities

1 reply [Last post]
simon sidhu
User offline. Last seen 16 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi People

I have just completed my P3 and P3e courses but have not had the experience in working in a planning environment.

I worked for my dads construction company as a planner, but this did not involve working with any planning software packages, instead it was more of a hands on approach on the construction site.

I have been applying for jobs but have been unsuccessful due to my lack of experience even though i have completed the courses.

Is there any help or advise that can be offered for me to actually secure employment in Planning.

Replies

John Ferris
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Simon,

Just general advice here :

You have some experience of construction and you live / work in the South East. Construction planning seems to be in big demand in this area, I would, on spec, write to the larger construction companies and explain what experience and training you have and ask to be considered for positions as a trainee planner.

Best Regards, John.