Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

IAPPM - CPM certification

9 replies [Last post]
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Has anyone ever heard about the International Association of Project and Program Management (IAPPM)? They claim to be 2 years old and offer CPM certifications for $400 on a web site that was created last month. Im not linking to them becuase Im not sure that they are legitimate.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software

Replies

Bernard Ertl
Balaji Surendiran
User offline. Last seen 13 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hai Bernard Ertl
Can u give me that Web programme Link??
Please friends if u have any other good Distance or web programmes let me know,Im more interested in building my carrier in planning & i want to learn a lot & lot.
U can contact me through the below mentioned ID also:
bala_vrce@yahoo.com
Cheers
bala
Bernard Ertl
Hi Jason, welcome to the Planning Planet!

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Mark C
User offline. Last seen 18 years 43 min ago. Offline
Hi Bernardt,

I wanted to thank the Planning Planet members for giving IAPPM a worthy opportunity of being a credible project management organization. We’ve really tried very hard to establish ourselves and believe us, it’s a hard slog up the mountain. So far we’ve come a long way and are slowly growing. We’ve just recently updated our home site with many worthy articles, techniques and content you’d appreciate. We also encourage our members to contribute in any way with standards development and ongoing discussions. In time to come, we’ll hopefully share what we have with others. Thanks again - Jason
Christine Miller
User offline. Last seen 19 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I’m glad, Bernard, that Jason got back to you. He’s a very pleasant guy, very professional, and I’ve enjoyed my conversations with him so far. I know he was hoping that I would be more active in their organization, but most of my free time is taken up with other things.

Best regards,
Christine
Bernard Ertl
Hi Christine,

Thanks for the follow up. This thread is a year old already!

The president of IAPPM did contact me back in October of last year to address my concerns. I got the impression from our correspondence that they probably were trying to establish a legitimate organization, but they made a few mistakes out of the gate.

I have not revisited their site since last year. It’s good to hear that they are still working at improving for their members.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Christine Miller
User offline. Last seen 19 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Bernard,

I wanted to touch base with you, as I have a CPM certification from IAPPM. They have just updated their website, which is probably why you are having problems. Try www.iappm.org.

Although they are relatively new on the scene, from my communications with them, they do seem to be legit, however, it is fairly clear that their certification program is more geared to a generalist PM who does not want to jump through all the hoops that PMI requires of their PMPs. I was grandfathered into their certification because of my PMP status and experience level- and yes, I paid to get it, but on the other hand, I’ve also sunk a great deal of $$$ into my PMP certification, so that didn’t bother me per se.

Although having a bunch of letters after your name has no real bearing on your effectiveness as a PM or a planner, if I had a choice as an employer, I’d put a lot more weight on a PMP...at least for now, until IAPPM really proves itself.

Hope this helps!
Christine
Bernard Ertl
I never heard of CIPPM. A WHOIS lookup for IAPPM yeilds no meaningful info as all contact info is bogus (which is not entirely uncommon on the net to thwart spammers):

Created On:03-Sep-2003 00:04:38 UTC
Last Updated On:03-Sep-2003 00:04:41 UTC
Expiration Date:03-Sep-2004 00:04:38 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R11-LROR
Registrant ID:11-C
Registrant Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Registrant Street1:Whois Server:whois.opensrs.net
Registrant Street2:Referral URL:www.opensrs.org
Registrant City:N/A
Registrant Postal Code:N/A
Registrant Country:CA
Registrant Email:not@available.org
Admin ID:11-C
Admin Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Admin Street1:Whois Server:whois.opensrs.net
Admin Street2:Referral URL:www.opensrs.org
Admin City:N/A
Admin Postal Code:N/A
Admin Country:CA
Admin Email:not@available.org
Billing ID:11-C
Billing Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Billing Street1:Whois Server:whois.opensrs.net
Billing Street2:Referral URL:www.opensrs.org
Billing City:N/A
Billing Postal Code:N/A
Billing Country:CA
Billing Email:not@available.org
Tech ID:11-C
Tech Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Tech Street1:Whois Server:whois.opensrs.net
Tech Street2:Referral URL:www.opensrs.org
Tech City:N/A
Tech Postal Code:N/A
Tech Country:CA
Tech Email:not@available.org
Name Server:NS1.IPOWERWEB.NET
Name Server:NS1.IPOWERDNS.COM

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
$400 (US presumably), hell I can get an MBA for that on the web !

Its not a revamp of the CIPPM is it ?