Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using Expenses in P6

3 replies [Last post]
Hafzan Hafiz
User offline. Last seen 2 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Hi

Currently i'm working with a schedule where i use expenses tab to insert the cost for all the activities. Now i'm facing a problem where when i update the progress at the status tab, the Actual Cost and Remaining Cost don't change. What i know is it suppose to change according to the percentage we enter in the status tab right? Please help.

untitled.jpg

Replies

Hafzan Hafiz

Hi David Kelly.

Really appriciate your reply. 

Even if i schedule to a later date of the Planned Start of those activites, it still doesn't change.

Do you have any suggestion on any other way to create a schedule with cost loading rather than resource loading?

thanks.

Hafzan Hafiz

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Expenses do not "auto compute" unless you set them up that way - and I see you have, BUT then you have our old friends the Planned Start and Planned Finish dates to navigate.  The scheduled per cent complete value of 0 suggests that this activity has a finish date ahead of the Planned Start, so the Auto Compute function (which works on Planned Dates) has not kicked in.

Global Change can't help - since activity percent complete is not available in the Project expenses part of Global change.

Good luck!

Paul Harris and Ron Winter have written extensivly about Planned Start and Finish dates.  EVERY P6 user should read what they have written.