Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Exproting P3e expenses to P3

2 replies [Last post]
Rami Al Haddad
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,

Here is the issue... plain and simple ;)

> I’m using P3e... my client uses P3...

> I did all the scheduling in P3e... and then exported the project to P3

> Quiet Honestly... I knew that activity expenses will not export (those that are not loaded on resources) ;)... client finds out... yep you figured! He wants his expenses!!!

I heared once that there is a like work-around this issue that would get those expenses from P3e to P3... btw... I’m still using P3e/c v4.5 (company still making a decision on upgrading ;) )

can anyone help...

Replies

Rami Al Haddad
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Abhijeet,

I found out that if the activity doesn’t have a resource assigned to it, the expense assigned to that activity wouldn’t export to P3; so what I did is basicaly:

1) assigned a dummy "redundant" resource to those activties with no resource but have expense! in P3e.

2) exported the project to P3.

3) Removed the Dummy Resource in P3; ofcourse the expense was exported this time and problem solved :)
Abhijeet Ranadhir
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
I exported my schedule from P 5.0 to P3 and all the expenses did transfer. I think there is a cost account available in p3 to assign expenses. Do you know anything about it?