Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Version 8.2 vs Microsoft SQL database server 2005

10 replies [Last post]
siva ganesh
User offline. Last seen 10 years 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone,

I was working with P6 V6.1 with the Database Microsoft SQL server, now i have updated Primavera to Version 8.2. When i run the Primavera program the database is not supporting. The report comes as:

The application and database versions do not match.
Click Exit to close the application.
Primavera P6 Professional R8.2 8.2.0
Expected database version: PMDB,0820.0001.0001
Current database version: PMDB,0600.0011.0001

Please help me to sort out. I have more schedules in my old database. I need to recover it.

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Michael

There was a bug in MS-SQL server which didn't clean the registry properperly - I hope you used the uninstall feature.

If there is no other software using MS-SQL server check your registry for entries from SQL-server and delete them.

If there was Oracle database I never heard of this issue.

Regards

Dieter

michael bengano
User offline. Last seen 9 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

hi.gud day..i just want to ask for your help.i want to install the latest version of primavera 8.2. the problem is when i start to install it, it says that i have to delete the older version of primavera to continue installing.but after i deleted the older version, the installation still stops and tells me again to delete the older version?thank you so much.

Khaled Elshaer
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

This Page shows in details how to install Primavera P6 on SQL server 2012. Step by Step with Screen shots

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Installing-Primavera-P6-R82-on-SQL-Server-2012/7136957

Khaled Elshaer

This Page shows in details how to install Primavera P6 on SQL server 2012. Step by Step with Screen shots

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Installing-Primavera-P6-R82-on-SQL-Server-2012/7136957

Khaled Elshaer

This Page shows in details how to install Primavera P6 on SQL server 2012. Step by Step with Screen shots. http://www.behance.net/gallery/Installing-Primavera-P6-R82-on-SQL-Server-2012/7136957

siva ganesh

HI chris,

I have installed SQL server 2012 and i uninstalled database engine.

Presently nothing is working out. Whether all my schedules would have deleted?

am scared. my boss will fire me. help me out chris.

Siva

siva ganesh

Dear Chris,

The report i got was

SQLServer Exception: The TCP/IP connection to the host failed.

Connection refused to the host. Verify connection properties, check that an instance of SQL server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port

Kindly advice.

Siva

Christopher Hall
User offline. Last seen 11 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Siva,

You will need to enter your SQL details from when you originally setup SQL, if you didn’t do the original install you’ll need to consult whoever did.

Alternatively check your database connection settings at the P6 login screen; this may shed some light.  Otherwise the following defaults may work....

Administration username = sa

Administration Password = Prima123Vera

Database Host Address = [insert computer name here]\SQLEXPRESS

Database name = PMDB

I believe there are other defaults around the place as well which differ to the above. Perhaps someone else will chime in if the above doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Chris Hall

siva ganesh

Hi chris,

I have followed your steps but still have a small problem.

Once i run the bat file, i have been asked few things

Administrative USer name -

Administrative Password -

Database name -

I am not familiar with database problems. Kindly help me sir.

Christopher Hall
User offline. Last seen 11 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Siva,

Sounds like you'll need to upgrade your database version.

In your update pack for P6v8.2 whether edelivery or otherwise there should be a file nested somewhat like so:

P6_R82_Client_Applications\database\dbsetup.bat

If you run the bat file it should prompt you through the process of updating your database.

Regards,

Chris Hall