Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to put budget income flow in P6?????

7 replies [Last post]
charles charles
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,  I am very new the p6, i need to crete a Cash flow report for the projec. I have problem recording the budget income that we are going to receive during the life time of the project.    Can I record the monthly budget project income in p6?, also i could not find any layout realted to cash flow. please advise me how to do it,,   thank you very much :):) cupid

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 week 6 days ago. Offline
I guess you already figured out that if expenses are of positive value then income is of negative value and the rest shall follow. Best regards, Rafael
Cynthia Stiffler
User offline. Last seen 6 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

as stated by Anoon, the best way is to code your activities using the expense tab then go to the Tracking module and set up your flow report. 

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Charry,

If you have a liscenced copy of P6, you should contact Oracle to get a manual.

If you don't have a licenced copy of P6, you should get one.

Software manuals are copyrighted document, and distributing them without the owner's permission is copyright theft. We do not allow that on this site.

cheche
User offline. Last seen 10 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

•  hi...to everyone with good heart.....i really wanted to upgrade my pmailerogram from P3 to P6....can anyone share me manual for P6 for me to follow steps on how to migrate.....plsssss i need it urgently on my new EPC project....they said P6 is the best way to tackle EPC project.....

if you have pls email and send it to [email removed by moderator]

thanks a lot in advance....

charry

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

try using the Expense tab; and then go tracking view

charles charles
User offline. Last seen 12 years 4 hours ago. Offline

Hi Cynthia

All my current activities are based on the "cost" of the Labour, Non Labour and materials. We are a sub contractor, we invoice our customers when we completed an activity.  My manager wanted me to show a column, for example "Income", or "budget income" on each activies, so that he will be able to see the profitility of each activity... I am not sure how to do it in p6 ...

Thank you

Cynthia Stiffler
User offline. Last seen 6 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

I use cash flow to show planned cost through the project - but I'm not sure there is a place for income.  Are you trying to cash flow the cost?